Monday, 5 June 2017

Dragon Knights - Storage Wars

It's been a while since the last update, but in amongst a busy weekend, I had to be at home waiting for a plumber to fix a leak in the bathroom, and it's all been a bit hectic.

Storage seems to be a topic that I cover a lot on the blog, but it's in the hope that someone else will benefit from my trials and tribulations.
The current issue is that of the dragons I'm using for my Eldar Exodites. I'm fairly sure that all the infantry/'jetbikes' will fit in one of the couple of variants I have for storage currently, but the wingspan & height of the dragons makes then take up a pretty large footprint in their current 'under bed storage box' home. Taking this around on the bus to the club for gaming would be a pain to say the least, so I posted in the gaming group to see if anyone had any ideas, and was messaged pretty quickly by someone who I vaguely know from trading groups, with a pretty great solution.



So the box is a larger version of what I'm using at the moment with a wooden runner near the top and a cut up magnetic whiteboard for both the larger models in the bottom, and the infantry to sit on in the top. I think this is the best solution for what I have so I'm going to try and work out how best to adapt it.
I'll probably end up using a 'really useful box' for the larger container as I know these are good quality & sturdy, but then I'm not sure what to do about the shelf with infantry on, or if maybe I'll use a shallower box for the dragons like I am at the moment, but of better quality and then have the infantry boxes in a holdall/backpack.

When I get the time i'm going to go through related measurements and see what the best option is, but as it happens I may be involved again with a theatre group I used to stage manage for on Wednesdays so transporting the models might not be too urgent for now :/

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

No comments:

Post a Comment