Sunday, 11 June 2017

One Step Forward...

So I mentioned in my previous post that I'd been home from work sick, and I managed to shift the earache, but the tinnitus and migraines might need another doctors visit :(

Anyhow, I managed to get a whole wealth of work done, and magnetised nearly all the weapon options a mounted Wolf Lord might need. It took a fair while yesterday, but it will be worth it, and I've not managed to find a straight answer as to how best he should be armed :)

I also managed to make him a base, which would have photographed better before primer...


I also alluded to some kind of special surprise to reveal this weekend, and it didn't exactly go as planned...

I bought an airbrush booth, after a lot of encouragement from a painter/gamer friend of mine at work. When the earache had subsided enough to break it out to test this weekend, I duly fired everything up, compressor still works, I still have some PTFE tape, great! I primed the base above, and the other TWC bases I made on Friday, plus my Wraithlord. I washed out the brush to get a coat of dark grey on the bases, the start of which can be seen above, and of course the brush got blocked.

I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to clean out the brush, and it seems (from the state of the needle) that I either put it away without cleaning it last time :( or the German grey i was using had some gunk in the cap which is now lodged in the 0.2m needle cover...
This was a bit annoying, as all I had managed to do was the work of a can of primer in about 5 times the time it would have taken :p

So the upshot of all this is that I now have the 0.5mm needle for primer and larger groups model basecoats, and a new brush in case there is something else wrong with mine, but that one will have the 3mm needle for more detailed things, and general work :)

I also ordered a brush holder and a quick release attachment set to switch between the brushes easily.

So, hopefully I'll be able to document Airbrush setup 2.0 at some point this coming weekend. That's all for now though

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

No comments:

Post a Comment