Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Ch ch ch ch changes!

I've been remiss in updating this month for which I'm sorry.  

Long story short there's a few things going on at work leaving me as the only person in my team so I can expect to be a lot more busy and work more weekends (inorite) for the foreseeable.
Also I'm writing this on the train. I really need to remember my tablet and try and find a keyboard that will work with it!

Let's not dwell on that though, as I have been hobbying during radio silence.
I blitzed through my ideas for the Wraithknight and as I neared completion I got a bit fed up of not really knowing how to finish it to be honest. I don't like the feeling of 'I have to get this done' so I took a sidestep and assembled my Wraithlord



























And some Wraithguard
















I saw some Wraithguard somewhere with swords/axes and shoulder mounted weapons which I'd love to be able to emulate but I've no clue how really!

As you can see though, I've added tusks(?) Or horns I guess to both types of unit and will be replicating the Wraithlord's bone crest to a lesser degree across his smaller friends. The idea being that each wraith contains the spirit of a great hero and his mount.

I also managed to get the scaly bits done on my Cold Ones/Carnosaur and the first colour on the bases in preparation for doing the underneath colours once the bases are done.

















Lastly, I managed to get corsair cloaks onto my Exarchs so they are ready to be primed and added to their units.

That's pretty much everything I think :) I'll get some more Wip shots of the lizards up at some point soon.

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

Saturday, 6 September 2014

The devil is in the details

Hi all

I've decided to get some models ready for spray priming if I get chance this week, as I have a real yearning to get some painting done.

This involved giving the cold one (jetbikes) a once over for mould lines etc., and finally getting my Autarch jetbike done.  To this effect I've given him some personal belongings and added some horns to the mount




I also worked on the weapon rig for the Wraithknight, adding some vents/power chamber type items, and a pair of horns.



I also added some greenstuff to the skull, where the horns meet, and in the eye sockets which were flat backed, I made them concave like they should be.



That's it for this week, Hopefully I can get some spray coating done tomorrow. It's forecast to be wet though so I will have to try and get this done somewhere in the house...

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty