Thursday, 27 September 2012

Weekly WIP

Plenty done this week. I seem to be on a good roll at the moment with getting things done which is great.

I've got both bases for my Wrastlers made and Barnabus, and I'm pleased with how they're looking.  The Green stuff will be painted to look like a snake (hopefully).






I've also made a fair bit of progress on Maelok this week, but to be honest, I'm struggling a little. I've got the bone sections pretty much done, and I've started painting the exposed muscle parts.  My original idea was to make those sections look fresh, and add a gore effect to them, but I'm not sure if this will be a little too over the top considering the amount of gore this would require.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I've made his skin purposefully darker than the posse etc, and matte to boot.  I'm going for less of a putrid/rotting flesh kind of effect than a cured hide kind of effect. Hopefully this comes across.

I received my newest beasts as well this week in the post so I'll be working on them when I get time at the weekend, and maybe have them under coated along with the bases I made this week.

I've also looked into sourcing some alternatives of the same models. As with my Wrastler, I dislike duplicated models, and my confidence for a major conversion is pretty low. Keep an eye peeled for future posts with alts of the Boneswarm, Snapper and Witch Doctor.

Possibly the biggest news this week though is that I've been asked to make some trench templates for a eHaley tier list for a friend. It'll be a long term project and I'll be blogging when I have significant updates etc. At the moment I'm in the design stage, and hope to be able to send some kind of concept out by the end of the weekend, which I'll then share with you guys :)

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

5 comments:

  1. Looking good lofty, the snakes look cool interresting to see how they turn out, they give a great sense of scale to the entire model!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. I'm hoping it was a good idea :p

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, them there gator boys look awesome. Alongside the posse's you're putting a lot of time in. Should expect them to look awesome all done and put together on the table. Am really interested to see how them snakes come out. last time I tried something like that it looked like a harlequin poo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'll bear that in mind mate :p
    Thanks mate, I've been busting a gut recently lol. Any suggestions for Maelok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erm, kinda? I just sent a text to you...why I didn't think about just typing here...I am a fool.

    ReplyDelete