Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Weekly WIP

I'd like to get into the habit of documenting my painting process a little more thoroughly. I currently tend to only document finished (or nearly finished) models photographically. As such, I'll be writing a weekly post to this effect, hopefully with pictures, if not definitely just a track of what I'm currently working on and the progress.

I did have a weekly WIP post going at one point, but for many and various reasons I almost stopped blogging entirely at the latter half of last year, so hopefully this can be maintained a bit more succesfully this time round

With that said, I made some real progress with a couple of outstanding miniatures last night.  Me being me though, I forgot to snap any pictures...

Maelok - I airbrushed the base colour for his skin at the weekend, and have since washed that with a darker colour.  I was originally planning to have his skin looking quite dead and pallid, but I like the look it has at the moment despite it being quite dark.  Will have to see how this pans out, as I'm really unsure of where to go with this at the moment.  I've painted the candles on his back to completion though however, and like how they are looking. I went from an orange brown base coat up to yellow, and I think I will add further highlights in white when I next sit down to paint.  Next step I think will be to paint the exposed bone & flesh areas.

Iron Back Spitter - This model has been half done for a silly amount of time.  I buckled down over the weekend and in last night's session and finished him off entirely, and made him a new base or at least the start of a base, it still needs cork etc. Very pleased with how he looks, so it's good to get to completion.

Next up on the docket is a base each for Thrullg and Maelok, and painting all three bases ready for the miniatures.  I'm hoping to be able to push through at least one Gatorman posse from WIP to completion by the weekend too, but I'm not convinced I can manage, with all the re-basing required.

That's it for this week, but just though I'd mention the giveaway I had planned. So far I've had only one response... I'm really not sure how to take this. I thought that people would be interested in a) free stuff, and b) saving themselves some basing work.  Is this hinting that I shouldn't try and get into comission painting? Is it apathy?  Really not sure how to take it, but one lucky reader will be "winning" a base this weekend

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

No comments:

Post a Comment