Sunday, 23 September 2012

Gators gonna Gate

I've put a lot of time in today and I've got both Posses to a stage that I am happy to call them finished.  After a great suggestion on my last post, I decided to give the second Posse war paint, to further distinguish them from the first group (on top of skin tone, and custom weapons).  I will be trying to add the war paint colour onto Maelok in order to try and emphasise that they are part of the same village/tribe maybe.

The only work left to do is tidy up the green stuff used to secure the arms & weapons (painted separately) with a sharp knife and a splash of paint once it's all dry.

Enough waffling, here's the pics

Posse1






















Posse2


























As you may be able to see, I have found an
awesome desk lamp. It even came with a daylight bulb, I've been trying to find
a decent lamp for a while and I stumbled across this in my local supermarket,
as strange as it sounds!

I feel really pleased with how everything has turned out, and am looking forward to getting them on the table with the rest for BCB!

Speaking of which, I ordered yesterday (payday) a Witch Doctor, Bone Swarm and a Swamp Horror, as I felt that any list I made for Maelok was just a Barny list with a different caster :(

Should be fun to get those put together, and primed next week(end), I have a few ideas of how to use my airbrush for the Horror, so stay tuned to see the results!

Only other news this week is that I finally finished cleaning up my assembled tourney tray, so I've more base size options than I will ever use, and everything fits in nicely, without any sticking anywhere, all in all a fantastic investment in my opinion.

Thanks for stopping by!
Lofty

4 comments:

  1. They are looking pretty good so far Lofty. I would suggest a Green wash to ad a bit of depth to the shadows and provide a little gloss to the models. They look a bit to dry, if that makes any sense?

    But besides that great models and the warpaint was a great idea indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean man, they do look quite dry :(
    I'll take a look later and see if I can get a wash on there, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking great - the alternate weapons make a huge difference and I really like the basing scheme.

    That gore is disgusting! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I was quite pleased with the alternate weapons, simple and effective. Thanks mate.

    My own recipe don't you know ;p

    ReplyDelete