Thursday, 1 October 2009

Rational Eyes

So I just had my first game of Warmachine on Vassal online.
The guys that I blagged for a beginners game were really friendly, really helpful, and I had a great time. I lost obviously, and made some silly errors but the game is so cinematic, and even getting my jacks beat up was fun. The guys added some storyline and narration to make it interesting, and it was ace :)
The play style is VERY different from wargames I've played before, but it was a lot more straight forward, and once I had got the hang of a few basic rules, I felt as tough I could muddle my way through a turn or two :)
On top of all this, the Retribution book made its way through my postbox today too, so I have a lot of reading to do, both on the rules, and on prospective new factions. I played Cygnar today which felt really good, some nice 'jacks, and units, so I suppose its a choice bet them and the new retribution guys. I think I will go for maybe Cygnar for 'jacks, and Retribution for the infantry (model-wise) but I suppose playtesting will tell me more :) hopefully retribution will make it to Vassal pretty soon. Either that, or I find a gaming club, and somewhere to order minis from.
Lofty

No comments:

Post a Comment