Sunday, 4 October 2009

Perspective

Ok so I've been reading through the retribution book and wondering what I want to get first :)
After a lot of pondering, I decided to get the models i like the look of best for my first purchases. This being because I'm yet to find someone/somewhere to play other than over Vassal online.
So I've decided to go straight for a box of invictors, and maybe Dawnlord Vyros.

The invictors because of the awesome concept art, and really cool looking layered armour plates and. Vyros for essentially the same reasons, coupled with the fact that he is a warcaster, so at a push i can scrape together a playable force without too many more purchases.

Something else that I've been thinking is that Privateer Press minis make me want to spend more time painting, assembling and basing etc. Because there are so many miniatures needed for GW games, I've always been of the mindset of "batch painting" to try and get miniatures table ready ASAP.
After a couple of games of Warmachine, it becomes apparent that every miniature on the table is an individual. Like the infantry guy who takes down a 'jack, or the 'jack who manages to slam his way through the enemy 'caster. I guess I'm trying to say that each mini tells part of the story. The whole game is far more cinematic than anything I've experienced before. So I've been looking to get hold of some rare earth magnets to make the Warjacks I eventually buy;
a) interchangeable (I'm looking at you heavy Retribution 'jacks)
and b) easier to transport - I would much rather remove a halberd holding arm that was magnetized to the 'jack than arrive and see it broken off.

Oh and if anyone can let me know of a source in the UK of rare earth magnets (1/16" or 1/32") please leave a comment :) *EDIT* - Ebay is a wonderful place, I feel dumb for not checking sooner 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment