Wednesday, 21 December 2016

Wolves of Winter - Solstice


WIP Wednesday

I mentioned in my 2016 review post that I was going to be painting up some Space Marines to game eventually versus a friends resurrected Thousand Sons.


I've got lots on my desk at the moment, but when the gauntlet was thrown down, I managed to scavenge a fair sized lot of new on sprue Space Wolves from Facebook & ebay so the below is what I am working with so far:

2 x Start Collecting Space Wolves
Logan Grimnar
Space Wolves Terminators
Contemptor Dreadnought (from Betrayal at Calth I think)
Space Wolves Dreadnought


I also bought a Khorne Juggernaut from eBay to try and recreate the below image which I have had on many and varied phones since I spotted it many years ago, promising myself that one day I would attempt it:

I forged ahead and started adapting my Contemptor to accept the axe and sheild from the Venerable dread kit. I like the bipedal-ness ( ? ) of the Contemptor more with the armaments so it made sense to me to use this chassis for those weapons.. I will be magnetizing some of the options, so I just need to choose the alternatives and plug in the magnets.


I also managed to make a start on my Thunderwolf lord conversion. The plastic Juggernauts are nothing like the metal one in the picture I posted to start with, but I've got all the legs/paws sorted now.
To be honest, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by the amount of fur/cover up that is going to be required for this project. I'm sure however that when it is complete it will be worthwhile.




Lastly, I've got my terminators ready for painting, but some of them are torso/legs sub assemblies  to make it easier to paint so they aren't very photogenic right now. I hope I can manage to get some basing done for them soon though.

I've started lots at once here so it's hard to know what to do next. I'm hoping to get some focus/time over the holidays and have some progress to show soon. The idea is to get everything sprayed together and batch paint where possible :)

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

No comments:

Post a Comment