Managed to get two games in in the past 24 hours as well which is ridiculous for me! One of which was teaching a friend from university (who i met again at the most recent tournament) how to use vassal, and the latter was a game with my best man and his Venethrax force at my gaff today. Needless to say i lost both, but gaming is a laguh at any rate, and it's good to get games in :)
I've barely had time to get the Destors out of the box and make sure all the pieces are there unfortunately, but I did manage to mock up a base for one of them to see how the destors (plus thane) will look with eVyros. The general idea is a river crossing with some riders on either side of the water, and some in mid-leap over it. I'll post my prototype once it's closer to done.
I had ordered some PTFE tape for the airbrush connectors, so i'll document that this week in my airbrush write up.
Lastly, I've ordered a pair of tournament trays from this company who take orders for the bases over email only, very friendly guys though and great communications & service, so give em a try! Standard tray layout below for those who are interested :)
That's it for now, I'll hopefully have an airbrush write-up ready for mid-week including some experience on thinning/cleaning etc, as well as some WIPs/paint news early next week.
Thanks for stopping by
Lofty
Ive been wanting to get a tournament tray for a while - I will give them a whirl - I cant see the trays on their website - do you have to email and ask them for them or did you find them somewhere online?
ReplyDeleteI saw them on a thread on the privateer press forums, but it got locked asit contained commercial links. I think they only allow those if they link to battlefoam :p
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to email them to ask for the trays, but it only cost me 25GBP to get two trays delivered to my door. I'll post a write up andreview onceiI'vecollected the parcel from the post office