Sunday, 5 August 2012

Back from the black

It's been too long.  There's many and varied reasons why it's been so quiet on this blog, but the upshot of it all is that I hope to be blogging regularly again.  I'm in a new job, and  a far better frame of mind along with it, so I'm hoping to be able to dedicate a lot more time to the hobby, gaming and painting as well as being part of the community again.

A friend of mine finally took the plunge and bought the Cryx book and a 35pt force (so far) and we have been having semi-regular games on Sundays.  Strange to be gaming together again, as we started playing Warhammer Fantasy maybe 15 years ago!

In other news, I've been to a couple of larger events in Leeds this year, and fared relatively well with Rahn/Vyros at the first, and not so well with Xerxis/Naaresh in the second (some questionable out-of-activation activations by one opponent in a  very close game didn't help). I did however win a coin for being the only Skorne player, taking my total to two! Small victories and all that.

The last real update from the year so far is that, after watching videos on youtube, deliberating and plotting for so long, I took the plunge and bought an airbrush & compressor with some birthday money.

I've been struggling to get to grips with it all, but it's an enjoyable learning curve so far :)
I'll be making a post tomorrow, which I hope to be the first of many describing my experience with the new method of painting etc :)

That's it for now, stay tuned though for what will hopefully be a far more regularly updated blog!

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Skorne coin - its a shame you left as I think there was also a bandana with your name on it ;-)

    Looking forward to hearing tales of airbrushing shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, cheers man, I think the bandana was out of reach as I took that second bye :)

    was a great day, just a shame trains are such a bind.

    Airbrush post in draft at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the bandana was for you for scooping last place - although if you'd stayed chances are you wouldn't have come last so catch 22.

    looking forward to our game on saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, might talk to Mark about that then!

    ReplyDelete