Thursday, 22 February 2018

Wednesday Warzone

This is it, what we've (I've) all been waiting for.
300 points of Infinity. A full game.

We are playing at the house of the chap that is teaching everyone at the moment after work tomorrow, and my friend who recently picked up nomads is joining us as spectator to hopefully learn something :)

We decided on Frontline as a mission, as it's relatively straightforward and kill based, but also has the simple extra of controlling zones further up the board. I ended up with the below list after some feedback and further tweaking:


The second group will be relatively autonomous due to all the orders they are generating between impetuous and irregular, and the other combat group will have a Morat link for order efficiency, allowing the TAG to rambo a bit more.





It was a whole lot of fun. I did a lot of second guessing myself during deployment etc. I ended up deploying my Hungries link in a good position only to have an MSV Nisse sniper staring down at them, I should have picked deployment order better. Needless to say, as smoke couldn't save them they got picked off before being in anyway effective.

Raicho and Dr Worm were MVP by a long way, the former for being an all round tank/damage dealer and the latter for stitching his arms back on! I didn't use the Kurgat at all, which is annoying as he is an expensive order generator, and the link team didn't achieve much due to my lack of ability to utilise cover effectively.

All in all it was a very fun first game, and not as one sided as I anticipated that it might be!
Here's to many more

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

1 comment: