Running with the momentum from the intro games last week, I sat down and started on the next couple of additions to my force. The Oznat did well, with smoke being useful, and the Vulkan shotgun being impressive. The 'Hungries' are models that filled me with dread when I unwrapped them from eBay as they are very spindly and wouldn't be able to be realistically pinned to the bases due to the small contact points. However, they were well assembled so I left them how they were and re-attached the two missing heads.
I took inspiration from Ash Barker's basing method for Infinity models from his blog as this would fit pretty well around the awkward attachment points
I added plasticard in layers, and later clipped/cut/sanded it as flush as possible to the bases, I also later added the white texture paste from Vallejo that I've been using a lot recently, although that isn't pictured. This also helped mask sloppy joins in between off cuts of card.
Also featured here is my Evil space wizard Umbra Legate, who I'm looking forward to painting, even though he doesn't really fit into a force currently. He can however form a Harris link with Xeodrons...
I seem to have got the hang of the press mold for the Hex bases, and the other half of the base will be made up in plasticard and texture paste like the others.
There's another guy at work who is interested in Infinity, and he came to watch our game last week. I think he is more interested in painting really more than anything but he is going to borrow some Nomads to play me in another learner game hopefully soon. More games for me, more Infinity friends altogether ^_^
I've been reading the Infinity wiki in lunchtimes/during my commute in the hope of getting the hang of things like suppression & fireteams. It's hard going but I think it's something that I need to see in action before it will really click. There's no rush though and no need to run before i'm done (re)learning to walk.
That said though, there is a tournament this weekend which my friend is going to, and another one in April for the Infinity Northern Alliance based here in Leeds. I'm tempted to sign up for the April one as a target to paint/learn for but I wondered about maybe the one after that as a more realistic target.
The Infinity tournament scene seems to be a lot more welcoming than any other I've participated in and is definitely something I want to participate in, even as just a way of getting some games in and meeting opponents :)
Thanks for Stopping by
Lofty


No comments:
Post a Comment