Monday, 24 July 2017

Checking in

No, I'm not dead just busy. I volunteer on the technical team for a local theatre group, so since my birthday last Monday, I've spent nearly every day at the theatre helping out and running audio for their performance.

Now all that's out of the way, I'll be able to catch up with life again this week, and start to write posts again. I will also continue to replace lost photos when I get time to sit and do that.

The only hobby work I've really done in the downtime I've had is to re-magnetise my Eldar carry case, by removing the old magnetic sheet plus baking tray combo which I never really liked a whole bunch, and replace with the adhesive steel stuff I used in the Malifaux boxes.
I also built a Starweaver sans crew, and both Skyweavers again without crew. Once all vehicles are assembled, I'll get the crew done altogether. Two more Venoms plus a Starweaver left to assemble. I'm using regular 60mm bases for these instead of the clear acrylic bases so that I can add magnets in the base. The acrylic bases also aren't really easy to add features to, and personally I think they look a bit naff, as they aren't invisible despite being see-through so why hide the base at all?

The next priority is to replace the current storage box for dragons/vehicles and use the same self adhesive steel stuff. Hopefully most of the true vehicles will fit in amongst the dragons who only take up so much space due to wingspan rather than height/bulk.

Apologies for the unplanned break.
Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

No comments:

Post a Comment