Thursday, 4 February 2016

Steady

Just on the train back from the Thursday night meet up in Leeds, so I thought I'd do a write up.

I lost versus a Runes doom shaper list. Unsurprising maybe for my first game in 3 years, however I knew what list I was facing in advance, so if I'd bothered to read up on it I'd have known that Barny's feat was useless vs all those steady Runeshapers...

Ah well, it was fun getting models to table and rolling dice again. Mark also mentioned a kind of slow grow type league which a lot of the local competitive players aren't interested in, so its really good for me as I don't know every rule of everything I might potentially face, like most would.  I tend to play for fun more than anything and if I'm honest I'm not a fan of the competitive play mentality that some people seem to have. To each their own of course though.

I need to find some way of stopping magnetic models sliding over the smooth baking trays though. Maybe some mesh material fixed to them. Strong magnetic hold, but no friction whatsoever. Successful test run of the case however :)

I also got some work done on Rask yesterday (who would have stood a far better chance this evening, ironically). I'm trying really hard with thinning paints and highlighting not drybrushing. I still struggle with hand shakes though, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong with my wet palette butnit doesn't seem to be doing what its meant to :(


That's it for now, thanks for stopping by
lofty

No comments:

Post a Comment