Saturday, 15 May 2010

Reach and touch


I've just downed brushes after completing Lanyssa Ryssyll, and my second Griffon. (pics tomorrow hopefully) Second Griffon I hear you cry? That is correct, Vyros just got a new toy. I have, as you know, been struggling for a win with big V, but I am getting closer each time I play. I decided that in order to make it happen, he needs as much chance at rocking flank as possible, and the speed of the griffon, with it's field and mobility, make it a great way to do this.
There is a PG sanctioned tournament in Leeds next Wednesday, which I'm really looking forward to (hopefully after a practice with my list on Monday). The list I will be taking is below;

Dawnlord Vyros +6 points
* 2x Griffon 4 points each
* Phoenix 10 points

Arcanist 1 point
10 Dawnguard Sentinels 9 points
* Sentinel Officer & Standard 2 points
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen 5 points
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt 4 points
Lanyssa Ryssyl 2 points

Only plan I really have is to get the griffons up front ASAP to cause trouble, while the sents shield the mercs, and Vyros and the phoenix make use of both aiyanas debuff, and hunter's mark to put pay to any heavy hitters, and the fane knight makes use of any sentinel deaths, as well as vengance getting triggered.

Any thoughts on the list? I need all the help I can get :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm no Retribution expert but the tactic of getting Vyros into battle to benefit from flank sort of worries me. If he's anything like Reznik, having him battle warjacks and the like normally doesn't end well unless he's going for the caster kill.

    Its most likely a discipline thing where you have to know when to go for it. Hope this helps and good luck in the tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you spend 4pts on a Griffon you can get Vyros killing things but he's up front risking his neck. If you spend 4pts on two Mage Hunter Assassins you can get them killing things just as easily without risking your caster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flank will be reserved for the casterkill, should it arise, anything else is a bit silly, like you say :)

    Good point Adam, but in my experience, the MHA is too all or nothing, either whiffing entirely, or not doing enough damage to kill the target, then getting munched

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vyros likes Hydras over pheonix. It frees Focus and allows him to get more from his 6 focus, plus he doesn't need an arc node.

    ReplyDelete