Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Reader input required :)

Check out the swanky new banner ^_^ courtesy of Gdaybloke over at http://losthemisphere.wordpress.com/ very kind (and talented) chap indeed. I suppose I should mention though that the image of the Chimera which it is based on is property of Privateer Press, and no one else is claiming ownership here :P

With that exciting news out of the way, I have been working with magnets this week...
The fourth and final heavy Myrmidon I bought is the first miniature I have ever used magnets with, and lets say it's quite a steep learning curve. Not helped in the slightest by the fact that, when I came to magnetise the arc nodes/vents, I saw that for some unknown reason, I had already glued a set of vents into the gap.... Needless to say there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth as I tried to extricate the plastic from the gap, failed, and bodged some magnets in there....

The rest of it however is going pretty well, and I'm looking forward to the results. I've also been toying with a bit of a retake on the Phoenix idea, I guess opinions would be nice -
I posed the torso and legs in a way that made me think some kind of spear would look cool... I have some brass rod from when i replaced my Griffons halberd shaft, and I have enough spare Phoenix swords to at least attempt it. I also thought, looking at the shape of the sword, perhaps a scythe would be workable.

What do you guys think? Please bear in mind that my sculpting skills barely stretch further than gap filling/fur/hair work, but I am keen to try and make something of a centrepiece here I guess.

Cheers!

Lofty

2 comments:

  1. Heh, thanks for the encouragement :P I've got a couple of spare phoenix swords so why the hell not, right?

    Will post WIP when I get somewhere ^_^

    ReplyDelete