Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Throwdown

I learned a lot from last nights game;

1. Gators can be tough - spiny growth, dirge of mists, iron flesh and unyielding are all abilities which make most of what is on the board tough to shift

2. Having a vague idea is far different from checking rules and understanding what you are trying to do. Yeah, I should check rules before I try to get fancy. I tried to throw snapjaw early on, and should already have known the rules for distance of throws etc. Lesson learned

3. Feat, feat and feat again. If I had a shiny penny for every-time I've forgotten to feat because I got carried away with something else id have at least 10p. Unfortunately on this occasion it was a thrown, risen and charged barny buying attacks vs baldur. It would of course been far less risky against his reasonable DEF if he was knocked down. Lesson learned.

4. This is the third game where I've really not done a great deal with wrong eye and snapjaw. No idea why, I just never commit them. I need to get out of this habit as snapjaw can hit hard

5. A good opponent is more fun than a strict opponent. I was allowed to 'go back' a couple of times, like the order in which I cast spiny growth and rise on a beast to prevent rise cancelling the ARM buff. Makes things more fun, and less like a chore. I hope for both our sakes that I stop making the silly mistakes soon though.

So that's it really. A good game which now takes me to 2 from 3 with barny, each time was a caster kill by Big B himself. I enjoy the way gators play, but like everything else, I should have more of an idea about stats abilities an synergies before I get to the table.
In my defence, I find it hard to switch off from work at the best of times, and I have to rush around from work to packed train to club in short order and then get gaming. I'll get used to it eventually maybe.

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. As far as Wrong Eye and SnapJaw, I see the same thing from locals who use them. Since they submerge, they spend a lot of time not doing a lot on the board. But once they get into combat, they are frightening. Be a bit more aggressive with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're right, I just find it hard to throw them forward when losing one loses both. WE is pretty tough though :)

    ReplyDelete