Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Gheistly Reflections - 12 Months On

I'd like to talk today a little bit about the Feralgheist. In the few games that he has ended up being in my Xerxis list due to lack of better 1pt options (of course I already took Gobbers), he has stopped reaving on an enemy beast, and kept my Bronzeback truckin' for a turn longer than he should've.
The Bronzeback needs a separate post all to himself to be honest. Even if only because I'm still making some very basic mistakes with order of activations, and being able to leave fury on the Gladiator after one such mistakes (two turns in a row.... Inorite?) because of his Titan leadership is a real boon.
Great use of 1pt if you ask me. In fact if it weren't for my shoddy dice rolling at crucial moments, the Gheistback would've trashed pStryker. As it was, a Gladiator had to finish him off.
Xerxis and his boys have shunted themselves up to the top of the painting table after their recent performance (I've only lost once out of 4 games).

I seem to have lost impetus with this post... I did originally type this out on a blog app on my phone, and later discover that it was neither submitted to the blog or saved which is infuriating as it was a pretty long post. Anyway, whilst searching my blog for the missing post, I realised that this blog was 12 months old in September, and I clear forgot about it.
Needless to say things have changed a lot since September '09.

Looking at my opening post....
- I'm still painting the odd GW miniature, and even played a game or two of WHF 7ed with a friend who hasn't gamed in years, which ain't too bad at all
- I've been around the block once or twice, but I'm back with the Retribution as my primary faction, and I've even started pulling off wins with them!
- I've dabbled back into WoW for a couple of months here and there, but I've been clean for a month recently, so I guess I'm full circle there :p

Most importantly for me I think is that I've moved out of my comfort zone. I've been put into situations with new people which i never deal well with, or enjoy, and I've made some friends out of it too (well, two), which doubled my previous count (I don't do well with social stuff). All in all, I'm really enjoying the hobby again. Better game(s), nicer models, better community, and well... colour me happy

Vows for the next 12months?
-Don't buy so many models all at once (hey look Skorne!)
-Try and keep up to fully painted with Retribution (oh so close before my MSHF finally arrived)
-Play more paint less. Let's face it, fully painted armies on the tabletop are ace, but it doesn't have to be every time :)

Just want to say thanks really to all the encouragement, patience, tips and advice that I've had along the way, and here is to another 12 months in the Iron Kingdoms

Lofty

4 comments:

  1. Whoo! A year! Honestly doesn't feel that long since you PM'd on the old forums. Has been a good year mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, all those months ago pal, hehe. It's been great ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. And new friends is always good. I'm guessing James is one. So, is the other one Bones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really, but your mum has been a great friend

    It's you believe it or not

    ReplyDelete