Sunday, 4 November 2012

The Gap of Ravyn

Another busy week I'm afraid.  It looks like it might be this way for some time as well unfortunately. We are looking into mortgages, and houses etc. which is a pretty full time thing, on top of other social commitments, and the fact that I've picked this time of year to start running, madness right?

I've manage to put some of the Destor mounts together this week, and I plan on doing a full write up of the kit at some point, but for the moment I'll just say that I don't like the kit.  The gaps on the horses are consistent and massive between the two halves.  It will take a lot of GS to fill the gap, and for someone whose manipulation of modelling putty is as poor as mine, the join will look glaringly obvious aster painting. I'm quite disappointed with the mounts for sure.

I've also got a couple of layers done on Ravyn, who is my last caster to get any paint (baring Ossyan who I don't own yet).  Mark (our illustrious PressGanger) has ordered Hyperion into our LGS for me to use my regular player discount and my raffle voucher (£20) on, so I'm really stoked about that, and once I've got a decent respirator for use with the airbrush, I'll be trying to get as much done without using a traditional brush.

Last but not leasts, Movember is upon us again, and I'm in the fledgling stages of this year's charity moustache. Please feel free to donate to prostate cancer awareness as supported by Movember on my page (or any other) here

Hopefully I'll have a better update next time, but thanks for stopping by :)
Lofty

4 comments:

  1. I bet you are looking forward to the new minion caster - seems like he is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah very interested in anything new for minions :P will give me motivation to finally get my trogs painted too :)

      Delete
  2. The Destors are lacking then, at least you got them at a discount. How long is the wait until Hyperion? Looking forward to what you manage with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ETA on Hyperion, but hopefully next week. Looking forward to getting to grips with it mate, will be a real exercise in airbrushing :)

      Delete